Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

speed poetry

how can i resist/ the hope you offer me/ barest of wishes/ slightest of touch/ i place my life in it's hands/ so precarious.

you speak/ i hear not a sound/ i see nothing/ feathers from the sky/ am i/ sirens/ your voice/ bring me back/ i don't want to be/ grounded

i sing/ lullabies and secret cries/ for angels to listen/ but never hear

denied three times/ shadows at my door/ fear, loathing, other/ by the time the cock crows/ thrice

candy cane pants/ memories i haven't lost


It's been a long time (read: years) since I even tried to write anything remotely poetic, mostly it's just an endless stream of thoughts, but I like this. The essentials. Just what I thought of in the two minutes between 12:40am and 12:42am. Good night/morning.

0 comments: