Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

16 Shitty Months

Here's the roundup:  3.82 GPA at George Brown, severe relapse 2 weeks before the end of the program, 4 exams deferred indefinitely, 10 days in the hospital, 13 days on Seroquel, 6 weeks getting my brain shocked in an rTMS trial at CAMH to absolutely no avail, Lolo has a massive stroke, 4 weeks in Hell Hospital aka Scarborough Grace, 10 weeks at the much lovelier Providence Healthcare, a friend from the past commits suicide, 10 weeks working at the Ontario Science Centre teaching 5 year olds science, 3 weeks in the Philippines saying good-bye to Lolo and Lola, 1 month looking for a job and feeling ripped apart without my Lolola. 

On the upside, my cousins had three new children during these months, Ava, Leanne, and Riley.  Though the rTMS did nothing to temper the worst depression I have ever had it made these terrible recurring nightmares go away.  Lolo's stroke showed me that I am more than capable of taking control, being a leader, being assertive, and loving wholeheartedly despite the hardness in my soul.  The OSC was a great job, I learned a lot about science, working in a team, working in a more formal environment, children, and even changed a lot about how I approach work.  I met a nephew, Heaven in the Philippines and discovered I really like my cousins there.  And this past month I've discovered that my hand-sewing is way better than it used to be.  Bring on the hoop!  I'm gonna embroider until I get bored with it.

0 comments: