Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

1 Day Disengaged from the Chaos

Monday August 13th, 2012
-Submit re-application for YWCA housing
-Pizza Hut?
-Update agenda
1730: CPSY202 Final Exam!

Express bus waived.
I left the house with plenty of time to get everything done downtown.  I thought about running to catch the bus that would connect me with an express route, but I checked Red Rocket and shrugged.  I'll wait a few minutes so I don't have to transfer buses!

Extra air-conditioning!
Once I got to Dundas Station, I almost got up to street level before remembering I wasn`t going straight to campus.  I took the air-conditioned PATH to the bus terminal and just had to walk a block to get to my destination.  I even stopped by CIBC so I wouldn`t have to remember on my way back home.

No cramming required.
I pre-read.  I attended lecture.  I took lecture notes, and added those to my pre-notes.  I handwrote the information our prof said would be on the test.  I took out my notes on the bus and subway and when I got to class, but I didn`t really need them.  I loaned them to other people and set up my pencil, eraser, and student card perpendicular to the desk.

And it was decided.
No more "you decide" "no you decide" I don't care" I don't care either"!  It's Monday?  Oh, it's 4 bellinis/4 appetizers for $40 a Milestones.  I asked a friend from class, I'll meet you there.  And so PCK decided what to do and where to go and what to order in record time.

Suburban woman race- meh.
Within a few minutes of me getting to the bus platform on my way home, a bus arrived.  Rather than cram myself in and try to beat other people for the three single seats, I decided to wait.  Not more than five minutes later a bus saunters up to the curb and only three of us wander onto it.  Ahhh, that's nice personal space.


If only I could figure out how to skip the rat race all the other days!



 




0 comments: