Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Wedding

I really liked Ellen's wedding. I love the vintage chairs and muted colours, and how dinner was set up in a tent with silk fabric everywhere. The wedding was tasteful and quite small.

I really like that tent, but seeing as I don't own a giant house or a backyard the size of a small zoo the wedding would be held in formal gardens with water running by it and a little cottage tucked just behind trees. (For the washrooms, a space for my love and I, and all the the other stuff that needs to be inside. We'd set up the tent, same as Ellen and Portia, except much larger. I suppose I'd let people sit where they want. Now, I don't really like circular tables because it makes conversation difficult. Rectangular tables are ugly, so I'll stick with square tables with rounded edges. They will be covered with fabric in the same muted colours as we decide, but those will be sprayed with stuff to prevent spills and stains from really eating into the fabric.

I've always wanted an off the shoulder dress, but I found another one that I really like. It's strapless but with a lace jacket over it, removable of course. One layer drapes diagonally across the front, and the bottom is just short enough that you can see my feet underneath. The hem is done in lace to match the mantilla veil I'll wear. Dress and veil will be chapel length in a soft white or cream colour. I think I'll wear the same tiara as my debut, with the pearls and small flowers and crystals. My hair will be in a classic updo, but with soft waves. I'll wear makeup that highlights my eyes and makes me look really clear skinned without looking gross. I'll paint my nails that light pink/shimmer I like and file the edges as usual, cuz god knows without filing it I'll ruin them pretty much immediately. Oh, and I'll definitely have a satin garter without the lace, because lace is itchy right next to your skin. (Jasmine Bridal, style F164.)

I'll invite one-connection family, as in my cousin but not my cousins in-laws. Lots of kids, Tristan and Carlo will be 18, the age I am now, but Christian, Kyle, and Heather's baby boy will be 10. (This is based on the 10-year-plan of marriage by 28.) We'll invite our friends that we talk to fairly often. I'll try to keep my side of the guests under 50, which might be hard since our family seems to be growing exponentially right now. Big Bunny, Regular Bunny, and Elephant will be present. Speedy will be watching from a kiddie pool with water and rocks for basking. The attire will be white tie and I expect to see tails!

The ceremony will be held outside, in the garden as well. Definitely no church wedding, as that was the scene of a lot of panic attacks. I'm not comfortable with the idea of being "given away" so that's not going to happen. I haven't really thought about the ceremony a lot, I imagine that would be something I'd discuss a lot with my wife, since I've already planned the rest of the wedding. :) Oh, except that we'll sign the stuff with my G-Tec C4, because I'm definitely going to be OCD about that.

Now we all sit down to dinner. I think being served your food is stupid. It always takes too long and you end up getting stuff you don't like, and too little of the stuff you do like. The problem with buffets is that you always have to wait, so each table will have a little guestbook and it will be mandatory that they sign it. Since we'll be taking photos in between the ceremony and reception I'll have food put out along with some wet-naps or baby wipes or something. Ketchup chips, (bite me, I like them so we're gonna eat them on my wedding day) tiny fried chicken, fruit plates, Five Alive Tropical, those tiny sirloin steak thingies from Ten Ichi which goes with sushi sashimi and tempura, lettuce for Speedy, Dairy Milk chocolate, street vendor hot dogs, tater tots, whatever else my favourite foods are at that time, and my wife's favourite foods.

Then that will all be put onto the head table, the floor will be swept evenly, and we'll make our entrance. "Please welcome for the first time...Mrs. Blar Blurgablur and Dr. Katherina Blurgablur!" We'll kiss gently and embrace lovingly, then dance our first dance for as long or short we want to. We'll join the wedding party at the head table, which might be shaped like a paint splotch so we can all talk to each other. While people give speeches we'll eat the appetizers. I'll make sure that the audio is good because I hate it when you can't hear stuff. Cute stories are good, inside jokes not so good, speeches over 5 minutes also not good. (Although we want them long enough to eat.) My wife and I will talk about how much we love each other, she'll joke about how I planned my wedding at 12 and then re-planned it at 18, I'll joke about her weird hobbies and how we met.

Finally, time for dinner. We'll turn on the heaters for Speedy. People will be signing guestbooks and also snacking on the food on their tables while we get them through the buffets. We'll serve Lolo's larger fried chicken, salad with a tangy vinaigrette on the side, Tita Deni's adobo, feeder fish for Speedy, carrots and stuff for Big Bunny Regular Bunny and Elephant, mashed potatoes with no lumps, fish and chips style scallops, fried rice, steamed rice, vegetarian and meat lasagna, ribs, crepes, french toast, pot roast, spaghetti, gnocci, pancakes, waffles, pizza, salmon, tilapia, chicken teriyakki, roesti, and of course my wife's and my favourites foods at that time. Drink choices will be more Five Alive Tropical, lemonade, c-plus, different kinds of granita, and alcohol- but not beer or hard drinks or gross wine or champagne. Only the good stuff, which I find usually doesn't have alcohol in it.

Dessert will be ice cream cake with the little crumblies, more granita, soft ice cream, Dairy Milk chocolate, strawberries dipped in chocolate since people seem to like those a lot, even more fruit plates, a tiny sampling of fruits for Speedy, whatever Big Bunny Regular Bunny and Elephant want, raspberry sorbet, warm cookies, sapin-sapin, dried mangoes, crackers, red and orange jello separately, and last time, whatever my wife and I want at that time.

We'll leave all the food out, still warm or cold, but push it to the side because I always get hungry in the middle of the dancing. We will dance as if we have no bones, just all out flinging around because it's fun, then open the dance floor. Perhaps 1.5h in I'll stop the dancing and declare, "NO SHOES!" At that point everyone must remove their shoes, because even if your feet aren't in pain, your shoes could hurt someone elses bare feet. We will dance, the kids will play, and eventually we'll sneak away and my wife will remove the satin garter with her teeth.


Here are the presents I want for the wedding/shower.
  • Good, simple, light cutlery
  • That blender that can blend bricks
  • Microwave
  • Toaster Oven
  • Lingerie
  • Tool Set (although I'll probably have one already, cuz I want one for my 19th birthday)
  • Power tools
  • A screwdriver with all the different types of ends and a magnetic tip
  • Good but dishwasher friendly and unbreakable plates/bowls/smaller plates/etc
  • Corelle White, because everybody has one
  • A set of glasses for drinking and everyday, see guide for plates
  • Even more co-ordinated things for organizing
  • Appliances would be nice, but they might come with the house
  • VACUUMS

Upcoming Installments: The return of Dino Driver, The House, The Sperm Guy, and The Life

0 comments: