Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

One of a Kind Spring '09


Clothes and All from OOAK

OOAK: Yea, that's my stash. I've been saving up for ages to go to this show, and I'm so glad I did. If Zanisha hadn't come with me I'd probably still be in hibernation. We went on Wednesday, then I went back on Saturday. I thought about each purchase long and hard, because I am indecisive like that, but in the end I'm happy with what I did and did not buy. I took that picture in the hopes that I could win free tickets for OOAK Winter '09. Yea, I got a skirt. It is THE most fabulous skirt I have ever owned- from Morena, my very first designer garment. It's really fun to spin in because it's not your average circle skirt, (although I have nothing against circle skirts!) it's cut like a kite skirt but really cool. If I could clothe myself out of the stuff at OOAK I would be the most stylish person ever. Also, either really poor or really rich.

My cool waist belt and wrist cuff, (dupioni silk!) are from Viola Blanca. Her designs are different, but the defining factor is really the quality of the silk and construction. If I could have, I would have gotten a whole pile of other stuff. God, I want some silk...my Tita Luth said in September or something that she would totally be behind me if I decided to go to Thailand just for silk. Theoretically of course because that would be stupid. But oh, my, god.

Red fine mesh earrings from Flying Frog Designs. They are my first red jewelry ever, and possibly my first red clothing/etc ever. I used to hate red, and I still think I look weird in red, but those earrings really pop.

Fancy hair and night-out makeup by me! Well, not really. I knew at the most, only half my face would be in it so I really just rushed and painted on some lipstick. The hair was easy because my perm is still in, (I know, right!?) so I just did a messy bun and stuck some hair sticks in there because I couldn't be bothered with bobby pins.

I got these really awesome prints on Saturday because on Wednesday I coveted them but had to think about it. I've been thinking about getting some art on my walls. I mean, I've got some cool stuff up there and it's positioned well, but I'd like some art of my own. Art? $$$$$$!!! Prints? $$$$! Art cards? $! So I got two art cards from Alicia Wishart, a polar bear and a tree frog, and I wanted the zebra but it wasn't there anymore so she said she would mail it to me. I love her style, it's so graphic.

The wristlet is from this new place, House of Hsueh. I feel like such a whitey, but that's korean right? She's really cool, she didn't mind that I sat there for like, ten minutes staring at these two different fabrics deliberating. That one in particular is the double circle wristlet. She's got smaller and bigger wristlets/bags, and some cute mod headbands too!

Oh, and the rest of the outfit? Oh boy, sleeveless top with those strings on the side that are like a drawstring but not really is from Jacob Jr, years and years ago. I'm sucking in my tummy for the picture because even though I still fit into that top, I fit into it but look like a donut. Rainbow "friendship" bracelet from Out on the Street, (I get one every year at Pride to mark my coming out, but I might not this year.) The other bracelet I'm wearing that that BUTT UGLY Medic Alert. Wedge sneakers from some place in the states, and for some reason I always think that they're purple when I know they're brown with flowers.

I loved Lux and Luster but dude, I haven't been saving for THAT long. I saw quite a few puffed cuffs on jacket sleeves, (only 3/4 sleeves, because let's be honest, a full length sleeve with a puffed cuff? Gross!) and loved them all. I've got a lot of spring jackets though, and 3/4 sleeve jackets aren't practical in Canada.

Okay, I'm tired. All this pretending to be so un-trendy that I'm trendy is making me sleepy.

0 comments: