Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kat's Crepe Batter Experiments 2

What a difference a day makes...24, little hours.

You may not need 24 hours, but letting your batter sit overnight makes the most decadently thin, light crepes. Even the worst batter is improved drastically.

I would have had a picture for you, but all the crepes I made are in my tummy.

Here is the second recipe:
1 ½ cups of flour
3 eggs
400ml of milk
2 tablespoons of butter

There is so little salt and sugar in the original recipe that I omitted them completely and didn't notice anything missing. I increased the quantity of milk because although having 3 eggs gave it the right viscosity the cooked crepes were kind of chewy. Yuck! Much more milk results in a thinner batter, (easier to spread around!) and thinner crepes, which I could argue are better.

If you're going to double the batch to make immediately, DO NOT put in six eggs. Five eggs will suffice, just add in more milk to get the desired consistency.

0 comments: