Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sewtacular! Jenna Lou "Girl's Best Friend" Wallet







I had previously purchased a fully made wallet from Jenna Lou Designs but after years of love and getting compliments, my pretty red wallet was decidedly ready to retire.

This time I swapped out the beautiful red design for a more minimalist design- the last scraps of my faux wood grain cotton. I paired it with my cutesy pink and green heart fabric though, and applied -gasp- appliques! But they're cute turtles so it's okay. Although my wallet isn't nearly as nice and square as Jenna Lou's I'm very happy about it. I even added a little divider behind the zipper section so I could keep my (limited) cash and my discount cards separate. Pictures of the Butterick 5317 dress coming up soon! (Pattern altered for idiots who don't read how much fabric you need before starting!)

0 comments: