Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

How will they ever stop us?

I'm talking to Val right now about this, and I still don't know the answer.

------------

Kids do a lot of harm to themselves. We smoke, and cut, and binge, and purge, and diet, and try to end our lives.

And sometimes, when I'm looking around at the other teens assembled on the 12th floor of Centenary Hospital, I wonder how the doctors will ever stop us. We who are so determined to destroy our bodies and our lives, who think this is the only way we can be okay.

This is it! Nothing makes me feel as good as this! You will never take this away from me! And parts of us know that we are doing things that make us outcasts and lunatics, but that isn't worth being fat, or sad, or sober.

What do we gain from this, our slow raze to stay alive? Waging war on the demons that haunt us by finishing their work ourselves? They will never stop us, because as long as we need to be dodging our secrets, we will keep up creating our own to stave them away.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writting this. I am a mother of a beautiful daughter who is at the galaxy 12 clinic. Has it hepled you there? I am scared!! Please keep on writting and sharing you are doing a great thing.
K