Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why I Think You Can Get Anaphylaxis From Using Cerumol

First a quick note, I have disinfected Speedy's tank and waiting for it to achieve biological stasis before I return her, so her temporary address is:
The Box
The Floor
Tina's Room / West Guyzeeland
Upstairs
and then the rest is the same.

Three Points:

  • Cerumol is a formula for ear drops containing peanut oil.
  • Anaphylaxis is a serious reaction to a stimulus, (in this case, peanuts.)
  • Let the subject be allergic to peanuts/peanut products.
Now let's begin.

I know that your tear ducts are connected to your ears because if you shoot water really fast into your ear it comes out your eyes. I know your eyes are connected to your nose because when you cry you get sniffly. I know your nose is connected to your brain because Egyptians pulled out the brain through the nose, and because if you thread a wire through a pig fetus' nose it comes out it's brain. I know the nose is connected to the trachea and esophagus because if you sniff up a nose bleed it goes down your throat and it's very unpleasant, and I know if you eat something and swallow it wrong it can go down your trachea which is also unpleasant. I know all of these things are near veins but there is a barrier between blood and the brain, ears and the blood, eyeballs and blood, nose and blood. For the cerumol to cross these barriers, (skin, etc.) it must...well...cross them. I dunno, active transport or something?

However, say the subject uses the ear drops, then stands up. The ear drops travel to the tear duct area and down the nose, but the subject sniffs it up. The cerumol is sniffed into the esophagus which leads to the stomach where it is broken down and the cerumol seeps through the villi to the bloodstream.

OR there's a hole in the lining of the ear/eye/nose/brain and it goes through.

0 comments: