Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Sew What's Next? (Hahaha!)

I know you love puns.


A few weeks ago I finished the Alexander blouse and found it rather appealing. Although it was a challenging, finicky pattern for me I think I managed to pull it off. (It's currently in the wash, or I'd post a picture for y'all.) I also finished off a few quick alterations- a hem here, a button there, re-fasten some chain, etc.

My cousin is getting married in a few weeks and my sewing projects of late, (plus the fee of the only seamstress we know) has prompted my mom to commission me to alter her ball gown. I made little paper doll of her and some paper dresses and she chose a design! I'm very, very afraid and I suspect there will be not a little hand-sewing which I have to admit I detest. Although embroidery I don't mind, for some reason.

After that, my crafty life plan slows to a crawl. What shall I sew next? I have so many patterns and books that part of the difficulty is just picking one thing. So, despite the relapse, the weird lung virus, the deferred exams I'll be writing, the full-time online course load, the therapy homework, and the high school diploma I hope to PLAR, I need a new challenge. Scissors, at the ready!

1 comments:

Desa Baking said...

AWESOME! I can't sew to save my life :|