Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2005

running around in circles

Last night I was preparing for my musical theatre presentation, since I was sick last week when everyone else did it. "Yo daddy-o! The hippest place to be is at Macy's... paper shakers...classy chassie's...drugstore cowboy...!" 50's slang is incredibly interesting. Anyways, I was continuing my research and found a lot of women's clothing, one of which was the circle skirt. (Or the poodle skirt.) So I hunted down that bolt of cloth I used for my halloween costume, the sewing machine, and scissors and got down to it. It only took an hour and a half to measure, cut, pin, and sew the whole thing together. In the end, I had to bring it in eight inches and then add a button, but it was all worth it. The drama presentation was fun! And because the skirt is a lot longer than my kilt, (though not as long as it should have been, and without the poodle applique) I could sit like a normal person for once. YAY FOR SITTING NORMALLY! (BTW, the skirt in the picture has a much heavier fabric than the one I used, and is really purple...)


I also finally saw Mme. Newman, since all the niner's and gr 10 art students were out of the school. It turned out to be me, bacteria boy, and her in room 307. "Enfin!" she says. True, true. So I feel better now, although I still need to catch up by a LOT in half my courses.

It was an alright now- but I really have to get cracking on my work. Maybe in the midst of a unit, inspiration will strike and I can make something new sometime when I have free time. This sewing phase is a lot more fun and productive than the yogurt phase.

YAY for Unit Seven HRE20 seminars! I've only been waiting for a month...

Special November Dates
Cal's 15th: Nov. 2nd
N/C: Nov. 3rd
K/K: Nov. 3rd
S/?: Nov. 9th
Carryover Exam Day (No School): Nov. 11th
K/M: Nov. 14th
LKM Mid-Term: Nov. 26th
(If I had an LJ, the above dates would be in a calendar. But I like blogspot...)

0 comments: