Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Shopping Fantasy

-scene-

Kat sighs. "You're wearing that again? Really? Couldn't you at least...wear a camisole under it and do up one more button? And those shoes with those pants? Really?"
"Why, whatever do you mean Kat?" she replies.
"I'm not just Kat, the plain looking girl with bad hair and large pants. I'm Goddess Kat, goddess of crazy people and gay people, and also, Kat, the Worst Dressed Fashionista Ever. Let me HELP you!"
"Why, okay! Where should we start?"
Kat thinks it through for a moment then says, "I don't have a license or a car, but I think I would be a good driver if I had both those things because I drive a lot in my dreams. Since I'm not dreaming...we'll hit Markville. It costs two bus tickets to get there, but the sale selection is much better than at the big and/or ghetto malls."
"Markville Mall? Isn't that where you work?" she asked with thinly veiled skepticism.
"Yep. Pretty much on top of Bulk Barn. They have grape Fruit To Go, 5 for $1."
"That's great, but I don't really like Fruit to Go. Why don't we go down to Yorkville, then hit the boutiques on Queen West?"
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, do Yorkville stores even HAVE sale sections? I'm good with Queen West though, if you've got $100 000 and a Metropass," chortled Kat.
"I do, and we shall" she decided.
Kat stared at her. "A hundred thousand dollars and TWO Metropasses?"
"Well, two hundred thousand dollars, a hundred thousand for each of us."
"No. Way."
"Yea, come on! We'll drive to Yorkville in my Audi R8!"
"What the fuck is that? Is that a car? Hold on, I gotta call my friend Nelson and ask."

In 0-62 in 4.2 they arrived in trendy, upscale Yorkville.
Kat clambers out of the car, "this car is so LOW. What if you develop knee problems? And only two seats? Where do you put the car seat? I like the way it smells though, it's like that smell I like but can never identify."
"Yea, I got it specially scented in 'That Smell You Like But Can Never Identify.'"
"That explains it."
"So Kat, where do we start?"
"Uh...I'm sorry, my eyes are dazzled by that ginormous Tiffany's. You know their pretty box and the little bag it comes in? I love that box."
"I think you have to buy something to get the box. Say, why don't we go in there and pick up a couple rings, and a bracelet/necklace/pair of earrings or six. Then we can ask for all the boxes you want!"
Kat stares at her and three hours later they emerge with some seriously fabulous jewelry and a bag of little blue boxes. The rest of the day is a whirl of events just like that. Fittings for custom pants and jeans, shoes they order for your exact foot shape/size, enough hats to warrent having a hat box, accessories, tops, bottoms, dresses and gowns!
"But where are we going to wear these evening gowns?" asked Kat. "I mean, I know they're freaken awesome, but you really think we need these?"
"I've got a couple benefits to go to, I'm just so glad you helped me pick these! Otherwise I would have ended up going in that sketchy light green number with the uh..."
"Square neck empire waist?"
"Yea, that."
"That was absolutely horrible for you."
"Yea, this other couture gown looks way better."

And thus the pair began shopping together all the time. Later Kat became a movie/TV star, best selling novelist, M.D. specializing in adolescent medicine and psychiatry/geriatrics/family practise/emergency medicine, mother of two, wife of one, and a magical ability to do all those things with time to spare. Kat repaid her within a year, with interest.

Also Kat bought all the houses in an entire neighbourhood that are water/fire/disaster/cockroach/ant/insect/fly/bug proof and rented them out to her friends and family, and to people in need on a pay-what-you-can basis. She created a transit system that doesn't suck and fixed everything wrong in health care and the government and stuff like that. Also she fixed Canada Post. She passed a movement that saw the entire world cut prices to 1/8 their current value just to make things look less expensive. She also fixed everything and set it up to make way for change and future developments and stuff.

0 comments: