Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2005

singularly

Well...saturday school is sort of just funny now. for two weeks in a row we've ended at least one hour early and spend the rest of it talking while Dai Da something tries to interest us in Mandarin riddles. And songs. Oh, the songs...

So I finally started the infamous Fire Faerie Halloween costume- as depicted below:
It took me sooo long just to make the patterns for this, because I used four different shirts to make the bodice, bottom half, hood, and sleeves. Plus some guesswork. Then after that I had to cut them out, sew it together...I'm going to bed not having attached the sleeves yet, and I'm just barely able to type out this blog. Tomorrow, I'm adding colour to it with some fabric I found/bought to make it a bit more interesting.
I love my mommy! Let's put it this way- without her, I'd be hand-sewing the whole thing, and I don't even know how to hand-sew. Except for fixing Big Bunny, and for those of you who know her, lets face it- I'm not very good at fixing things with my amazing sewing skills.
Patience is needed.

Lil sister/wife/girlfriend/nun/honey
Big brother/husband/boyfriend/priest/lemon

The "usherette", as that odd creepy seminarian who was speaking today said, is a little weirded out by his off-colour speech today at Mass. Yes, I'm totally going to pray with my boyfriend so we can explore our vocations. Granted, we've attended mass together every week for more than a year, but it really doesn't count. Especially when you're an usher. But it was a good try, good try! They need better priest/nun recruiters...the church really does need more members of clergy in north america, but this is not the way to go about doing it. I suppose there isn't much to do- just wait for people to notice their vocation and try to convince them to live their lives for God.

Mary Ward is taking a decidedly stingy view of Halloween this year- costume or uniform? And you can't dress as a civilian? Shuuuuuure that's going to TOTALLY work out for them. I just realized- I can't reach in my costume. Crap. I think halloween is kool. CAAAAANDY!

Gotta sleep! Since I'm waking up tomorrow to sew and then do units, I'm not going to be sleeping for another week. Unless something comes up next sunday and *sigh...two weeks then. Big Bunny says, "goo nighttttt!" Aeriana Eve also says, "GOO NIGHT!"

0 comments: